Friday, April 1, 2011

Stylish Curtains

This is what they looked like after they were finished and hung in Kims house.

Another view of the curtains, the lighting wasn't real good when I took the pictures but maybe you can get an idea what they look like.

This picture came out better, they look so nice in her house.
This was a project I done a while back, a good sewing customer contacted me  to make her some curtains. She always has such neat ideas. I met her in town to pick up the fabric, not knowing that it was still on the full long bolt, I think there was about 25 or 30 yards of fabric on it. At the time I had my small vehicle, you should have seen us trying to fit that in my car, but we finally got it done. There were 8 panels and each panel was 6 foot long, and lined. That was a lot of work getting them all measured, I think I had fabric laying all through my house. Then after I got the panels all measured, I had to make ruffles at the top for each panel. The ruffles had to be double the width to gather up and look really nice. Each panel had 8 ties at the top on them to tie on the rods, the ties were also made out of the same fabric. They were lots of work but looked so nice when I got them finished.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...